Penton announced that it has acquired iNET Interactive, a leading event and digital information company that focuses on the booming Cloud, Hosting and Data Center segments of the technology sector. Industry sources expect these segments to experience annual growth of 25-30% in the years ahead.
“A core element of our strategy is creating scaled positions in advantaged sectors. This acquisition doubles our tech sector footprint, and does so in exceptionally fast growing segments. The acquisition of this high quality business allows us to take immediate advantage of the rapid growth being experienced in this segment,” said David Kieselstein, Penton CEO. “Moreover, we’ll be able to accelerate iNET’s growth as we leverage our excellent shared service growth capabilities. This is a proven model at Penton, and we’re excited to have found a perfect fit in iNET.”
The acquisition adds outstanding event and digital assets to the Penton Technology portfolio, including:
Cloud and Hosting
- The premier hosting tradeshow series (HostingCon), including events in the US, China, India and Asia
- The largest online hosting and cloud community (Web Hosting Talk) and leading blog (The WHIR)
- The largest directory of resources for web developers
- One of the largest database administrator communities with over 550,000 members
- The leading data center tradeshow series (Data Center World)
- The leading position in the Data Center content industry (Data Center Knowledge)
- The largest data center industry association (AFCOM) with over 40 chapters and 4,500 data center members worldwide, including more than half of the Fortune 500
- iNET also strengthens Penton’s fast growing marketing service business with access to data and insights from a combined 7.8 million highly targeted business and technology decision makers.
Now as a part of Penton, iNET will have access to a broad array of corporate capabilities that can be leveraged quickly and effectively. Simply put, Penton can take iNET to the next level of growth.”
iNET will join other leading Penton Technology properties such as MSP Mentor, The VAR Guy and IT Connections franchise that serve IT Professional, IT Channel and Business Decision Makers under the leadership of Penton Group President Sanjay Mutha, as Augustine transitions from the business. “Troy has built an excellent business, and I know he will have continued success as he moves to his next entrepreneurial venture,” said Mutha.
About iNET Interactive: Founded in 2002, iNET Interactive (www.iNETinteractive.com) serves special interest communities in fast growing technology segments through prominent events and digital information products. The company is based in West Chester, OH.