Credito y Mas is a resource that will help U.S. Hispanics better manage their credit and financial future
Experian Consumer Services-Affinity, the unit of Experian that provides credit monitoring and identity protection products as co-branding opportunities to businesses, and Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, announced the launch of a Spanish-language, credit-focused product and online financial resource center for the U.S. Hispanic community.
Each organization has contributed its respective expertise creating Credito y Mas, a customized and culturally-relevant product to serve the approximately 55 million Hispanics in the U.S.[i] who are driving growth in the financial services sector. A 2012 Experian Simmons study, “Consumer Payments in the U.S.: The Latino Market,” shows Hispanic credit cardholders increasing more than 20 percent and the number of Hispanics with debit/ATM cards more than doubling compared to non-Hispanics. A 2013 study found that 82 percent of Hispanics believe that staying informed on one’s credit history is important.
With Credito y Mas, consumers can check their credit score, receive a credit report, and have credit monitoring, among other benefits for a cost of $12.95 per month. The additional unique features include:
- Bilingual Website – the consumer can select Spanish or English and toggle back and forth between languages
- Access to VantageScore® 3.0. – with scores ranging from 300 to 850, VantageScore® 3.0 is a user-friendly credit score model developed by the three major nationwide credit reporting agencies, Experian®, TransUnion®, and Equifax®
- Centro de Informacion – the website contains a robust resource center with educational content along with selectable user profile settings and information specific to lifestyles that affect credit such as being a family or a small business owner
- Communication Preference Settings – the member can select to receive communications (email and SMS) in either Spanish or English
- Instructional Guides – an interactive experience provides clarity in Spanish and English around how to read a credit report and the information found in each section of the website
- Bilingual Agents – members will have access via phone to Experian Customer Service representatives and Fraud Resolution Agents for support that are fully bilingual
- Identity Theft Insurance – the $10,000 insurance policy can cover legal fees, lost wages and other costs resulting from identity theft
Experian and Univision Communications Inc. began their collaboration in 2013 to provide valuable credit and financial education and services to the U.S. Hispanic community. This association joins two leading companies in their respective industries. Experian is the leading global information services company that helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft, while Univision is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. Each organization brings its expertise to provide the Hispanic consumer with Credito y Mas, a Spanish-language, credit-focused service and online financial resource center to help the Hispanic community become more knowledgeable and empowered regarding their credit and financial future.
Source: Press Coverage