Home » Country » Latin America

Latin America

Baidu Plans Expansion in Latin America

According to media reports, leading Chinese-language Internet search provider, Baidu, has plans to further expand its business in Latin America following the launch of its search engine in Brazil last year. Baidu has reportedly identified Argentina, Chile or Mexico as possible locations to set up the company’s next Latin American operation. Baidu will also aim to position itself as a ... Read More »

BIIA Welcomes Cristal Credit as Associate Member

CRISTAL CREDIT is an independent group, operating in North America, Europe, South America and Asia founded in 2003 by Kévin RIVATON and Jean François JARD both specialists in credit management business and intelligence information. CRISTAL CREDIT it is 20 years of experience , serving financial institutions, private investors, law rms and multinational rms all over the world.  CRISTAL CREDIT in the Americas (Miami, New-York, ... Read More »

NeoGrid Partners with Nielsen in LatAm Supply Chain Partnership

Software and services provider NeoGrid has partnered with Nielsen to launch two new products for the Latin American supply chain market.  NeoGrid provides supply chain management (SCM) solutions, to help manufacturers and retailers balance inventory and minimize out-of-stocks. The partnership combines Nielsen’s expertise in consumer data analysis with NeoGrid’s SCM to develop two solutions: ‘Supply Chain Insights’ and ‘Supply Chain ... Read More »

S&P Capital IQ Expands Latin American Research on Desktop Platform

S&P Capital IQ, a business unit of McGraw Hill Financial (NYSE: MHFI), announced the addition of Banco Santander’s Latin America Research to its already extensive Aftermarket Research collection and capabilities.  Banco Santander joins seven other well-known institutions in S&P Capital IQ’s Aftermarket Research collection that were named by Institutional Investor as the Top Ten Latin American Research Providers for 2013. The ... Read More »

Experian Q3 Revenues Up 7% – Decision Analytics Grew by 16%

Experian issued its third quarter Interim Management Statement (Three months ending December 2013) reporting revenue growth of 5% at actual exchange rates and total growth at constant exchange rates of 7%.  Organic growth at constant exchange rates was 5%. Experian’s growth got significant lift from its Decision Analytics business.  Marketing services were surprisingly sluggish, and Latin America is impacted by ... Read More »

Facebook For Business Expands

Facebook has expanded Facebook for Business, its site for news and info about marketing with Facebook, into eight new countries: Korea, Japan, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Brazil. The site has also launched in 11 new languages: Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese Chinese, Simplified Chinese, UK English, German, French, European Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese and Latin American Spanish. Facebook for Business ... Read More »

General Finance Corporation selects CRIF Decisioning as a Service for consumer and SME lending in Trinidad and Tobago

CRIF has been selected by General Finance Corporation (GFC) as a strategic partner in light of its proven track record in delivering similar high-performance solutions for banks and financial institutions in the Americas as well as on a worldwide level through the CRIF Group. Specifically SOL, the CRIF Mexico Decisioning as a Service (DaaS) solution for automated credit decisions powered ... Read More »

Panjiva Tracks Shifts in Manufacturing from China to Latin America

To support this shift in global trade, Panjiva have added Latin America to Panjiva’s comprehensive customs data package. Panjiva have been rather outspoken recently that manufacturing is gradually transitioning away from China.  In addition to moving to other Asian countries, it will also be moving to Latin America. For North American buyers in particular, Latin America is a viable option: ... Read More »

Experian Reports Revenue Growth 12% for First Half (Ending September 30th, 2012)

Experian reported total Group revenue of US$2.3bn.  Revenue from continuing activities was up 12% at constant exchange rates and 6% at actual rates, principally due to the depreciation of the Brazilian real against the US dollar.  Organic revenue growth was 8% at constant exchange rates. Total EBIT from continuing operations of US$590m, up 14% at constant exchange rates and up ... Read More »